Asian Pakistane Indian Recipes

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Paneer Butter Masala Pizza

I know, the name may sound little weird for some of us. It so did until I was introduced to CanAm Pizza by my friend Denny when I visited her last spring. I and Denny are best buddies since our college. She actually inspired me to start a food blog. If you have not checked out her OhTasteNSee yet, check it out. CanAm pizza is quite famous in the state of Washington for their wide variety of signature pizzas and our favourite is Butter Paneer Masala Pizza. I had never thought the favourite Paneer Butter Masala can actually go as a pizza topping. I absolutely loved it. This recipe here is semi-homemade, i.e. I put together store-bought items to make a quick one.


Ingredients:
Pizza base - 12" - 1
Paneer butter masala - about 2 cups - See recipe here
Pizza Sauce (any brand or home-made) - 1/2 cup - I used Tomato basil sauce
Bell pepper - julienned - about 1/2 cup - I used frozen bell pepper strips
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Grated Mozzarella cheese - as needed - I made it light since we already had a good amount of Paneer in it



Method:
Preheat your oven to 450 F (or as per the directions on your pizza base). Brush your pizza base with olive oil. Spread the tomato basil sauce and the Paneer butter masala. Top it with bell pepper strips and garnish with cheese as desired. Reduce oven temperature to 425 F and bake for 15-20 mins or as needed. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More