Asian Pakistane Indian Recipes

Monday, January 2, 2012

Favorite Pecan Pie

Pecan pie season is here!
There was a time when I thought I didn't like
 pecan pie. What was I thinking?
It's the perfect fall and winter pie.
 I make the first one in October.
Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie
I make one for Thanksgiving and
another for Christmas. Maybe I'll make one
in January to celebrate the New Year.
 I start with my homemade pie crust.
 Pour in the filling. I flip any pecans that need to
be turned top-side up.
 It can bake along with the pumpkin pie.
My guilty pleasure is having a small slice
with a good cup of coffee the next morning
 for breakfast. Even better!

Pecan Pie
3 eggs
2/3 C sugar
dash salt
1 C dark corn syrup
1/3 C butter, melted
1 t vanilla
1 heaping C pecan halves
1 9" unbaked pie shell
(adding 1 T of bourbon is good too)
~~~~~~~~
Beat eggs, sugar, salt, corn syrup, 
butter and vanilla. Add pecans.
Pour into pie shell. 
I flip the pecans right-side up
Bake @350 for 50-55 minutes or
 until knife inserted halfway between
center and edge comes out clean.
Cool. Good served with a scoop
 of vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More