Asian Pakistane Indian Recipes

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blackberry French Toast

Blackberry French Toast is a basic tried and tested french toast recipe which I tweaked in a little. I made it colorful and interesting by adding chopped blackberries. The french toast was pretty with lovely speckles of berries on it. I made this for Sunday morning breakfast, when I like to indulge and treat myself in contrast to the weekday's regular cereals and oatmeal. Also check out my French Toast with Stuffed Walnuts here. Now on to the recipe for Blackberry French Toast.
Ingredients:
Serves 1
Bread slices - 2 (I used whole grain)
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 2 tsp
Blackberries - 5 or 6
Salt - a pinch
Method:
Beat egg and sugar with a fork or whisk until pale. Add salt and milk and mix together. Chop the blackberries coarsely and add to the egg mix. Set aside for 5 mins if you want the color of the berry to steep in the mix. Otherwise start right away. Cut the bread slices into desired shape. Spray a hot griddle with non-stick spray. Dip the bread slice in the egg mix and place it on the hot griddle. Toast for about 2 mins and flip. Cook for another minute until brown. Serve hot dusted with sugar or honey and with fresh fruits.
Note: Would you be convinced if I say the berries here were frozen? Yes, I used the fresh berries which I froze before a couple of weeks. I wash the fresh berries and allow them to air dry. Then I transfer it to the same pack it came in and put the pack in a plastic cover or ziploc bag and pop it in freezer. It stays fresh for long and tastes the same and bleeds much slower than the store-bought frozen berries.



Sending this decadent french toast to Breakfast Club - Berries event by Helen of Fuss Free Flavours, guest hosted by Nayna of Simply Food. Also to Food Palette series - Purple event by Akheela.


Sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight hosted by Nupur of UK-Rasoi, for the month of April 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More