Asian Pakistane Indian Recipes

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Carrot Kheer - Celebrating 100th post

Today I am very happy to draft my 100th post in Krithi's Kitchen. I am super-excited and would like to thank all my readers and fellow bloggers for the support. I also want to thank my DH (my constructive critic), family and friends for giving inputs and feedbacks on my journey so far. As in any tradition, a celebration calls for something sweet. I made Carrot kheer to celebrate!
I tasted this kheer after a long time at our friend Anu's house during Boston trip. She was more than happy to share the recipe.
Ingredients:
Carrot - 4 medium sized - approx chopped 1 cup
Milk (fat free or reduced fat) - 4 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup or to taste
Water - 1/4 cup

Method:
Pressure cook the chopped carrots with water and just a pinch of salt for 3 whistles. If cooking on stove top, cover and cook until the carrots are very soft. Allow it to cool and puree the cooked carrots in a blender. Boil the milk and allow to cool to room temperature. Mix the pureed carrots, milk and sugar. Pop it in the fridge until time of serve. Garnish with finely grated carrots and Serve it Chilled.
Tip: You may cook and add almonds or pistachios if desired. Make sure you cut the carrots and not grate it. Grated carrots may not puree well (grandma's tip). You can add a tad bit of salt while cooking carrots. This brings out the sweetness well.

This is my first entry to our event Serve It - Chilled happening at Denny's Oh Taste N See for this month.
Also sending to the following events, Kid's Delight - Summer Cooler event by PJ and Srivalli, Only - Coolers and Mocktails event by Pari and Nayna, Summer Coolers event by Sukanya, Show me your Summer Cooler event by Divya.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More