Asian Pakistane Indian Recipes

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chicken Chukka / Easy Indian Chicken Side Dish | Indian Chicken Recipes

This is the first non-veg dish in my space, though I used to eat meat at least twice a month before marriage. My family, Grandma, Dad and Sis are experts in cooking meat and I had been always a sous-chef whenever it comes to cooking non-veg. My territory was limited to the prepping and tasting area. DH is a pure vegetarian. Having said that, I never really had an idea to cook meat at home until recently. I started with salmon initially and slowly included chicken in my kitchen. I have started with cooking basic recipes, nothing fancy and hoping to post more non-vegetarian recipes here in my space. 
Ingredients:
Preparation time - 10 mins; Cooking time - 15 mins
Serves - 2; Spice level - Medium
Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless - cut into 1" cubes - about 1 cup
Oil - 2-3 tbsp
Curry leaves - 4
Pearl onions / Shallots - 10 - chopped roughly - 1/2 cup or more, the more the tastier..
Tomato - chopped - 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curry powder / Kari Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Method:
Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves. When it splutters add the pearl onions and fry until it becomes light brown. Add tomato and a little salt and saute until it becomes mushy. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes. Now reduce the heat to medium and add the spice powders, curry powder, pepper powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder with salt to taste. Fry for a minute, add the chicken and mix well. Cook in medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes or until done, mixing occasionally. Serve hot as a side dish.
Note: To check doneness, prick and split with a fork. If you want a more gravy like dish increase the amount of tomato and add half a cup of water at the end and boil for 5 minutes.
I am sending this simple Chicken dish to Chicken Feast event by MySpicyKitchen.
Chicken Feast, myspicykitchen, my spicy kitchen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More