Asian Pakistane Indian Recipes

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Pancakes

We love pancakes for breakfast!
I like to make different kinds and
I'm always trying new recipes to
add to my favorites. Here's one. 
 I usually have all the ingredients on hand.
Eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream,
flour and sugar. Quickly mixes together.
 Cook on a griddle.
These are very light & fluffy pancakes.
Serve on heated plates with a little
butter and warm syrup.
 Or...my favorite way....raspberry sauce and
a dusting of powdered sugar. YUM!
Mix raspberry jam with a little lemon juice and water
 (about 1/4C jam to 1t lemon juice and 1t water).
Warm it in the microwave until the jam is
heated and melts.

Tuesday Pancakes
4 eggs
1 C cottage cheese, small curd 
1 C sour cream
2 T sugar
1 C flour 
Whisk the eggs with the sugar, cottage cheese, and sour cream.
Mix in the flour. Preheat a lightly greased skillet or grill pan to 375. Use a small ladle or large spoon to drop the batter onto the pan. Cook until the underside it a light golden, and flip, about 1 minute. Do not overcook. Cook another minute on the second side. Serve on heated plates. 
*Serve with, raspberry sauce , powdered sugar and a slice of lemon.


(I cut this recipe in half for the two of us.)
Enjoy!

Links: All Things Heart & Home, It's So Very Cherry
My Romantic Home, A Few Of My Favorite Things
source: Woman's Club of The United States Public
Health Service Hospital from New Orleans,
Louisiana 1967 cookbook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More